The USSMA is pleased to introduce a National Points Ranking System for 2013. The USSMA Points List is based on the FIS/USSA nordic rankings formula and factors in the difficulty of course, quality of field, and % back from winner*. The goal of the Points List is to provide an accurate measurement tool for competitors’ results. Certified USSMA events will mean better courses, better racing and lower points for competitors.
Point List Purpose*:
- To rank competitors according to their performances.
- To ensure events are rated accordingly (HC-4) to the quality of the course and competitors entered, thereby providing a uniform ranking system for all results within USSMA events.
- To encourage competitors to compete in an as many USSMA events as possible.
- To encourage event promoters to improve quality of their course.
- To be used as a selection tool for National Team teams and camps.
In 2014, event promoters wishing to host a USSMA event will have their courses certified at a USSMA level of HC, 1,2,3 or 4. Competitors wishing to score points will be required to buy a day-of or season license. License feels will go toward paying for the administering of the points system and licenses.
*USSMA thanks USSA for providing a template and overview of the points list. Verbiage and some formulas are taken directly from the USSA points list system description.
A full description of how points are calculated is in the attached PDF document below.